Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
11-08-2011, 03:10 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
Even though such a decision was sort of expected the finality of it all makes me quite sad. Sad
Reading Jane's comments however you can understand why the decision was made and how really brave it was of her to do so.
It's nice to know that Spooks was still regarded by the BBC as an ace show even during its 10th season. That is so rare in long running shows, even the best ones, and I think is such a wonderful tribute to the talents over the years who have made the show so incredibly successful. With the final season being still 'in its prime'

I think the show is more likely to endure now. It's also nice to think that neither money nor ratings was a raining factor in the decision taken by Kudos. In rather Harry Pearce like fashion the show is keeping faith with its original aim:-to tell a story intelligently and not sacrifice that integrity for the expectations of a money making studio. I really don't think this decision could have been made in America.

It seems that the Harry and Ruth story had a lot to do with it (maybe because in so many shows, once the leads become an item the stories lose their spark and driving force: think Bones or even X-Files) anyway its a hopeful thought to the possible future of PF and NW's amazing chemistry...i.e they will finally unite!!!
Intriguing quote: 'We've followed the arc of their personal story and I think they've brought us to a natural end"
Please let 'natural ending' be a good thing!

Please let 'natural end' be a good one

It was the wind Ruth...
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - pennyfeather - 11-08-2011 03:10 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM