Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
14-08-2011, 10:59 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
(14-08-2011 02:14 AM)loladom Wrote:  Making Harry a traitor wouldn't be brave nor audacious, (NW's quote about the ending) it would be foolhardy. I'm sure Kudos want fans to keep on loving the show and to buy/re-watch the dvds and that would make a total mockery of 10 years. I know Lucas fans could pitch in here, but sorry to say Lucas never had the same function (nor importance to the backbone) as Harry. An inappropriate relationship in the past yes, dodgy dealings 'in the name of the realm' yes - but an all out traitor? It would ruin their brand completely.

But I have been wrong about everything else, so who knows? It would leave a bad taste for sure.

I agree. If there is one thing that's held the grid together over the years it's been Harry's determination to remain loyal to his team and country. Even his actions in S9 were carried out with the knowledge that what he handed over to Lucas/John wouldn't harm anyone.

Also agree about the BBC budget squeeze. Having to cut the series down to 6 episodes probably isn't financially viable for Kudos longterm but the fact the Beeb asked them to reconsider ending the series shows their squeeze has come back to bite them on the bum because they've lost an extremely popular programme not to mention a healthy income from overseas sales.

Seems to me PF hints before the start of each series that Harry might be killed off but then he's a BIG tease and NW's use of the word audacious gives me hope that what we'd normally expect from Spooks won't happen. Often for final episodes of long running series several endings are filmed so I doubt anyone other than producer and editor knows what the outcome will be, that's if they've made up their minds yet!

Can't wait!!
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - molecatcher - 14-08-2011 10:59 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM