Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
14-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Ruth RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
(13-08-2011 06:17 PM)nothingisasitseems Wrote:  After everything I have read in the past couple of days I am convinced that Harry/Ruth shippers will be devastated at the finale.

My prediction is that there will be a "definite" ending in that Harry will be convicted as a traitor but it will be left open as to whether he actually was or not.

For Ruth & Harry, I have the horrible feeling that we will get what we wanted.....but then perhaps have it snatched away from us shortly after. Its possible that the Harry/Ruth relationship comes to a head with them both admitting (or rather Ruth admitting - since Harry's made no secret of how he feels for her) that they love/care for eachother very much. Harry's secret - whatever that is, could put them both in danger but perhaps the 'dramatic' or 'audacious' ending could be that just as they look as though they will be together, Ruth is shot? That would certainly bring their relationship to a 'conclusion' as JF has said.

Harry's guilt/innocence from his past would be interesting to see because there probably isn't a black & white answer - it will all be shades of grey and interpretation. Since they rewrote Lucas last season as a traitor and did so earlier with Connie, I doubt they will make Harry's past too bad. They know we all love him too much to take that kind of storyline.

Also with Harry, as he keeps threatening people, he knows where the bodies are buried and its not likley that he'd go down without a fight. Perhaps that's where the danger or the audacious ending is - maybe MI5 try to kill him to get rid of their potential problem rather than have a hearing!! Perhaps they intend to kill him but Ruth gets in the way? Harry could go completely nuts, like Jack in the last series of 24 and want revenge, or just be reckless to avenge her.

It would be typically Ruth if it were like a classical Greek tragedy. She'd see the irony!

I'd love them to end as a couple together but the way Kudos has dealt with their relationship since S8, it was never going to be straightforward. I think they'll opt for hugh drama to finish it rather than romance but I'll still keep my fingers crossed for Harry and Ruth sailing off into the sunset.....even if its on another boat down the Thames for a low key Grand Tour Smile

Or how about it looks as though they are killed but in the final few seconds we find out they faked it and are in exile together. Dmitri could get a postcard with their pics - like Zoe and Will in Chile!

Must go away and keep thinking happy thoughts....and rewatch all my fave R&H scenesSilba
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Angie - 14-08-2011 06:52 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM