Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
14-09-2011, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 05:26 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
(14-09-2011 04:32 PM)Silktie Wrote:  My theory on the H&R storyline in season 10 is as follows:

When they wrote and shot the first three or four episodes, there was still a chance that this would not be the last season. As a result, they felt they couldn't bring H&R together this season, and set about putting all sorts of problems in their path. Hence lots of doom and gloom for the pair in the first few episodes. Then the decision was taken that this would be the last season, and they realised they better bring H&R to a point before the end. Cue a dramatic change and sudden rediscovery of their feelings for each other in the last few eps. We'll see them together for at least the last two or three episodes, before a final tragedy befalls them and it all ends in tears. Or, less likely, they get to have a promising ending.

I want to hug you for your postive post Silktie and for making us feel much better about H/R
Series S10 Spoiler: show
And I believe you could be right, before they knew it would going to be the end, the scripts could have taken a different direction and more H/R stuff could be written for a S11, as S10 is the last they have to write out Harry and Ruth's fate to a conclusion.
I think thats what Peter means in his interviews as well, that happiness will be snatched away from Harry and Ruth at the last moment, and tragedy will strike.
We know for a fate there are many Harry and Ruth moments. Elena is still a worry, but to be honest Harry's moved on, despite what may have happened in the past. We saw in that clip that they may have been in love before.. .they WERE, not ARE, I don't think somehow Harry would just drop everything, (like Lucas did in S9 with Maya) and go off with Elena somehow... there's a connection, but its not the same one as Harry has with Ruth Wink
Ruth is the "love of Harry's life" as now many people, actors, writers and interviewers have said. And even Nicola Walker has said "They try to work together but its difficult because of their feelings for each other" (Paraphrase Wink) so I think you're right, that to begin with Ruth and Harry could be in for tough times, but towards the end so episodes 4,5 and 6 they would become closer again. I think most of the moments of them together, (The kiss, the hand holding, the beach scene, the 'this can't be the end') from the trailer could be the last 3 episodes scenes Wink

thanks also for that info jacko! Big Grin
So... an old face is returning... near the field scene? Still fighting to work out who it is Tongue

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 14-09-2011 05:24 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM