Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
14-09-2011, 11:21 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
If you read the Cult Box Series 10 Episode 1 review, I do not think that you can compare the storyline of Lucas with that of Harry.

Series 10 Spoiler: show
It seems that Harry is in trouble because he does not follow orders and takes risks to get his job done. In S9 he decided to turn in Albany which he knew was inoperable to rescue Ruth. It’s nothing new to the viewers that over the last 10 series Harry has not hesitated to use unorthodox methods to get the job done and has encouraged his officers to do the same. We also know about his affair with Juliet and at least one Russian operative other than Elena.

Cult Box seems to imply that it is Harry's risk-taking that might have created potential problems for him. It is the reason why he was investigated after Albany. This pattern must have started during the Cold War and was surely known by his bosses. They must have encouraged it or at least accepted it until Albany. Harry must have made so many enemies during his career that they could not wait to destroy him when he was weakened by the Albany affair.

I am sure that Harry's bosses knew about his liaison with Elena and encouraged it during the Cold War. Unfortunately, times have changed and as the Russian ambassador said to the HS: "Harry is a dinosaur" which to me means that Harry's methods are outdated and have become a liability to the British government.

I am sure that we will witness some pretty unsavory deeds by Harry. It does not mean that his character will be turned on his head. I am not going to discuss Lucas and series 9. I just do not think that we can compare the two arcs.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 14-09-2011 11:21 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM