Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
21-09-2011, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 08:29 PM by FATBOY.)
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
OK here goes with some analysis/speculation on episode 1

Series 10 Spoiler: show
Who is the guy that kills Witt? I think it's Sasha.

The clue is motion analysis. The gate of the killers right leg when walking, with the right foot turned out, is the same as Sasha's.

Now then assuming Sasha did kill Witt what happened at MI5 – they follow the lead to the killers flat and eventually recover data from the blown up laptop – details of the venue for the Anglo-Russian reception and Gavriks's blood group details. Erin then asserts that this must be a “kill order”. So Witt's killer intends to kill Gavrik? This is contrary to section D's thesis at that time which is that Gavrik has Witt killed to stop Elena passing information. Why does someone planning to kill Gavrik (or Elena?) need to know their blood group? (I'm not an assassin so I don't know). Surly it's more likely that that this information would belong to someone wanting to protect Gavrik – an FSB officer – Sasha.

This leads me to doubt Erin. Other things that cause a red light to flash about her are

1) Calum (who Erin got into section D) files the report of Witt's death as low priority. (Harry seems to expect this report incidently?)
2) Erin very expertly (but I suppose she is an expert) spots Collison about to kill Gavrik but then at the MI5 debrief has a longing look at Collison on the OHP – Dimitri notices this.

So my theory is that Erin is working for CIA ( it wouldn't be the first time , in fiction at least, that a high flying British intelligence officer has sort to curry favor with the cousins) . CIA have been running Elena – who else would know the cyphers other than Coaver. There is an attempt to muddy the waters as to who hires Collision – Erin does this. Whoever hires Collison has good prior knowledge of the Anglo-Russian reception – CIA again. Calls from Chechnya to Collision's mobile are another red herring. The woman who makes the mobile call from the reception (do I detect a slight trans-atlantic accent?) says Collison is dead so the traces have been covered, Gavrik is alive but the mission is a success (?)

Well that must be the longest spoiler I've written, please feel free to criticise.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - FATBOY - 21-09-2011 08:18 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM