Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
04-10-2011, 11:35 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
(03-10-2011 02:56 PM)loladom Wrote:  
(03-10-2011 02:01 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Following on from Silkties comments in the episode 3 thread, here is my best guess to what is going on. This is just from my own jumbled mind and is not based on any spoilers.

I think Ilya is in cahoots with those Russians we saw at the start of 10.1. This is all basically a big KGB/FSB plot. Ilya knows his wife was a spy but loved/loves her. He has been forced to activate her again. Ilya has already proved what a good spy he is when dealing with Martha. For the plot to suceed, the best, being Harry Pearce needs to be taken out as well as British intelligence's focus. Distract Harry, and you distract the whole team. It's classic miss-direction. The attempt on Ilya's life was set up by him. The woman in the CCTV was very clear. She is being used by the Russians and ILya knew they would trace her back to CIA. Ilya would know about the ballet and it would be easy to make it look like the CIA. Why though is the question? Is it all just an overt way to get secrets out of the British?

Or simply good old fashioned revenge for being cuckolded? Setting Coaver and the CIA up is the added bonus given his involvement with Elena. Getting the old friends to kill the special relationship of themselves, their security services and their governments.Plus getting Harry out of the way and weakening MI5 in general would give greater power to the Russians in the deal. Ilya is certainly smart enough to pull off your plan, which is very plausible.

I'd be a bit disappointed if this is what it's all about though. I want something more. I remember feeling that about the Lucas/John story though, I wanted something more complex than what we got.

Very much agree.

Season 9 was a strange one - the individual episodes were good, a couple of them excellent and yet overall there was this feeling of dissatisfaction. It was pretty clear well before the end that there was going to be no redemption for Lucas and there were no Spooks-like twists.

Obviously the jury is out on S10 - no-one will have been surprised by the revelations at the end of E3. There do only seem the two paths as outlined above but neither of those would surprise or shock in the Spook-honoured manner.

If this it then quite honestly I will reluctantly reconcile myself to the fact that it probably was time to call it quits.

We shall see.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 04-10-2011 11:35 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM