Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
09-10-2011, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 11:24 PM by kaytea411.)
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
(03-10-2011 02:01 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Following on from Silkties comments in the episode 3 thread......

I think Ilya is in cahoots with those Russians we saw at the start of 10.1. This is all basically a big KGB/FSB plot. Ilya knows his wife was a spy but loved/loves her. He has been forced to activate her again. ....... Why though is the question? Is it all just an overt way to get secrets out of the British?

I've thought the same thing about Ilya more than once, but wanted to share an additional thought.... The Russian in 10.1 says that "Gavrik" has never let them down (or something to that effect)...... While there are pictures of them all -- perhaps he was referring to Elena and not Ilya???

I think Ilya is a villian, of course -- but more likely that Elena is the true conspirator. With the assissination of her parents, perhaps she continued as a spy post MI-6/CIA, with a local faction and wants the Russian/British relationship to fail? Or she's angry with Harry for leaving her/Sasha behind and framing him now?

I think her assissination was a hoax (too close to miss)

[fyi -- I don't really remember all of 10.1 at the Russian house -- so like all good speculation, am probably completely wrong].

As a second thread and more improbability of accuracy... I think Harry leaves to save/protect Sasha at some point. I still think that Coaver is innocent (for no reason except too obvious) and that Sasha takes matters into his own hands. Harry will take the blame for any impact to the CIA and tries to figure a 'way out'

Love that Ruth will work for the HS. Of course, she and Harry are my favorite, but this protects her and puts her in 1) a better position to help Harry and 2) hopefully a better position for an equal relationship
(07-10-2011 12:09 PM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  To top it off, Sasha finds out about his true paternity......

I was expecting more of a political story and less of a family melodrama, Greek tragedy or not.....

About Sasha.... I agree and really think he already knows/suspects. That's why he asked Harry in Episode 3, why Harry came to tell him in person (vs. sending that 'woman') that Harry would be handling the matter and Sasha should stop. The 10.4 Elena/Harry hug in the park was a bit tell-tale too.

I like your comment about Greek tragedy too..... clearly much of the Harry/Ruth drama is happening off-stage (like much of Greek drama). Understandable as this isn't a soap opera, but I wish the scripts had included more 1:1 with H/R and
1. explained their reconciliation (of sorts) in the 8-week suspension/inquiry,
2. their personal reactions to Tariq,
3. Harry's decision in 10.4 to take action BEFORE hearing from Dimitri,
4. plus any additional thoughts about all the secrets.

The park bench scene was very good, just wish there were more H/R [/php]moments like this before we say a final good-bye.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - kaytea411 - 09-10-2011 11:06 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM