Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
18-10-2011, 04:59 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
Well, I've broken my cover as I had the identity of the returning face completely ruined for me by a certain newspaper, which I saw inadvertently - thanks Metro!! It does make me furious when they do this with no warning. Thcussing
Anyway, re the ending, I'm also worried by PF's comments of
Series series 10 Spoiler: show
'a profoundly tragic ending
and NW's comments of
an audacious ending
. Having said that, I now think there can be 2 possibilities, depending on whether you are positive or negative re: H & R:

1.) Positive H & R scenario:
The 'profoundly tragic ending' is to do with Sascha and Elena and Harry ends up killing him, or her - hints of the greek tragedy, as PF commented on, *but* Harry and Ruth end up alive, well, and the last freeze frame is the scene of them holding hands in the field.

or:

2.) Negative H & R scenario:
The 'profoundly tragic ending' is that H & R won't be together as Ruth is killed. I still don't think they'd kill Harry off - PF said they wouldn't, unless that was a red herring. Either that or they have to separate for some reason.

I'm not sure where on earth Tom fits into all this but didn't PF or was it the writers, say that the returning face was going to be in flashbacks? I'm sure I read that somewhere. I still wonder if there won't be 2 returning faces? Didn't someone say Malcolm is listed in the cast for series 10? Unless a mistake but could he have some scenes with Ruth over Harry or something? Just a thought.

I know the whole series has never revolved around Ruth and Harry, BUT, knowing how much the fans love them, and how long this has been goig on, I really hope they would give us a little something as a reward for seeing it through - like the last ever scene being them together in the field. Would that be so much? As others have said, the younger cast always get their clothes off and numerous scenes in bed - e.g. Nancy Drew and Lucas in S8. I do feel sometimes that they won't do that with Ruth and Harry as they are older and not 'sexy' enough'. I don't expect a full wedding scene, or Harry to come charging in on a horse to propose, but I think the field scene would be a non OTT, fair way to end it regarding H & R. 'Rant over.' As for the other characters, I have no idea what to expect......

"Perhaps the selfsame song that found a path
Through the sad heart of Ruth, when, sick for home,
She stood in tears amid the alien corn...."
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Scarlet - 18-10-2011 04:59 PM