Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 Episode Ideas (just for fun)
02-12-2010, 10:55 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode Ideas (just for fun)
(02-12-2010 10:43 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  
(02-12-2010 10:32 PM)Byatil Wrote:  
(02-12-2010 10:28 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  Well I hope someone finds him and punch him. He is a stupid man.

But at least it could make an interesting idea for a Spooks episode!

Stupid men don't have the capacity to hack into government databases Wink I actually think he's doing a good job. Some of the information he's releasing is unnecessary, but some of it is actually quite important. The USA being asked to bomb Iran? The Russian Mafia supposedly funding the government? China hoping to have more influence over Korea? Lots of potential for interesting plots here!

Just because someone can hack into government databases doesn't mean he isn't stupid. As far as I'm concerned, he is a nuisance and an idiot, and one day he's gonna get himself killed and I will laugh.

I'm all for governments being truthful and people knowing the truth, but some things are kept secret for a reason and especially in matters of delicate diplomatic situations, operating in secrecy is the best way to ensure a country's survival. What he has done is basically air out everyone's aces and harm how international diplomacy will be done. It's stupid and it makes him stupid.

While I'm sure it will give great story plots for Spooks to chew on, for the real world, more harm is done with this.

Oh no, I agree, some of the documents he has released really were best kept secret. But some of them are rather shocking - eg, documents detailing civilian deaths in the Middle East and such. I realise that some of the information is only going to upset people, but at the same time... it's very scary just how much information is kept secret.

At any rate, what's done is done... and people will just have to learn from the consequences of it Tongue

Gnothi Seauton.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode Ideas (just for fun) - Byatil - 02-12-2010 10:55 PM