Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
18-01-2011, 06:13 AM
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
(17-01-2011 04:01 PM)loladom Wrote:  I wonder whether Kudos might try an experiment and put a new section chief in place to test the viewers while Harry is under review? It depends whether this is the last series, or whether they'll try a CSI type continuance with an overhaul and change of direction. IMHO, there's no Spooks without Harry. BUT if the show wants to go for longevity beyond season 10 this is their golden opportunity to test the survival of the show minus Harry on the average (non additicted) viewer. My blood runs cold as I type this and I dislike my own cynicism that Kudos seems to care little about dedicated viewer loyalty (given the treatment of the non plausible lucus/John exit). Shock tactics. Losing Harry would be just that. If the new chief got poor reviews - Harry is on standby to come back at the end or next series. I should delete this before Kudos spies get any ideas. But in case, let me state catagorically THIS WOULD KILL ME. Wink

I hadn't thought of this, but you could be right that this is a possibility for season 10. It's true that the average Spooks audience watch more for the entertaining stories than for the characters and will possibly adapt to a Spooks without Harry. Nobody is irreplaceable, unfortunately. I would also hate it if they replace him. I'll still watch, but probably not with the same enthusiasm and emotional engagement as I'm doing now.

However, the way they've set it up, I think they'll be missing a trick if they don't do something with Harry to at least let him go out on a high, and not with a whimper. I've always thought that if they got rid of Harry, they'll want to give him a heroic death as he's been such a mainstay of the show.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Silktie - 18-01-2011 06:13 AM