Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
23-01-2011, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2011 04:14 PM by DogSoSmall.)
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
I'd just like to make a little plea on behalf of Sir Harry. You know how he does, on occasion, express a certain amount of irritation with the cousins? Well, I'd put money on it that if he was listing those irritations, one of them would be that they don't know how to spell whisky!

Now I don't want to offend any Americans here. They can not help that they have been brought up with some bloke called Jim as a corrupting influence. But Harry drinks Scotch, people, Scotch. And Scotch is most definitely spelt W-H-I-S-K-Y (so to speak!). I was actually sad enough to look this up on the internet and found that even in the US there was a 1968 government directive that stated this as the correct spelling for whisky. See this link below if you are interested!

http://www.whiskydistilled.com/whisky-ba...-spelling/

And as for you Brits out there, shame on you if you get this wrong! So my (and Harry's) plea to all fan-ficers (now how do you spell that?) out there, is to please remember that the god (or the devil) is in the detail. And if in doubt, just say Scotch! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - DogSoSmall - 23-01-2011 04:10 PM