Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
24-01-2011, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2011 04:14 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
(24-01-2011 01:38 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  So does Harry only drink Scotch, or does he drink whisky from other countries?

I am pretty sure I have only ever seen Harry drinking scotch. Single malt at that. None of the blended cheaper stuff that I can afford!

And BTW, after reading DSS's post I went at look at our latest collection (Johnnie Walker Red blended and a Balvenie 12 year single malt) and, sure enough it is whisky with no "E". I am probably one of the guilty ones. I am much more concerned with the nose, tounge and flavor of a whisky/whiskey, so, until I have to pass a spelling test to purchase, I am really not too concerned about it. I'm a crap speller too.

I do have to say that I think Harry's disdain for American's comes less from the spelling differences of his favorite quaff and more from the fact that the majority of the Americans he knows work for the CIA. If that were my frame of reference, I'd hate us too!

While we are capable of producing every kind of whiskey, the typically American WhiskEys - Beam, Jack, Markers Mark, Knob Creek, to name a few - are all Bourbon whiskey. I cannot say that I have ever seen these labels in Harry's office. I'd recognize them pretty quickly too. (Sad, isn't it?Blush) Since the majority of the whiskey labels in the US began with the illegal distilleries of English smugglers in the hills of Kentucky and Tennessee, I don't think they would give a rats patootie when the Guv'ment swoops in 200 years later and mandates the "official" spelling of the word whiskey. Somehow, I think that Harry would appreciate this. Big Grin

Next thing you know I'll be spelling color with a "u"! Wink

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - A Cousin - 24-01-2011 03:04 PM