Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
31-01-2011, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2011 07:24 PM by BravoNine.)
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
(31-01-2011 07:11 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I'm quite sure he acts on his own, nobody told him to bump off Nicholas Blake.

The difference with Harry's actions is that he acts for the greater good. Nothing he does (until perhaps Albany when he was saving Ruth for personal reasons) is for his own gain - you can always apply Regnum Defende, however thinly!

I'm sorry, Bravonine, I know how much you respected Lucas, but the things he did were not for the greater good, they were for John. Harry can't seem to abide people killing and deceiving for themselves.

I don't disagree that Harry's actions are for the greater good, but the question remains who is he to make them? Is it because he is experienced and leads Section D that he believes he has a right? Why not let those who judge on things decide?

And also, my "respect" for Lucas has nothing to do with this discussion, nor was I making comparisons between Lucas and Harry. I specifically was talking about Harry's decision-making which has nothing to do with Lucas. Just because I am a Lucas fan does not mean Lucas must be on my mind in every discussion or that I am trying to make Lucas seem better by questioning Harry, so please don't assume.

I ask these questions because I want to know how and why Harry is allowed to make these kind of decisions unchecked, not because of my "love" for Lucas.

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - BravoNine - 31-01-2011 07:20 PM