Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
31-01-2011, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2011 07:39 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
Bravo and HellsBells, I think you make a very good point that I have thought about myself. Harry is just this side of a cold blooded murderer when it comes to Kachimov and Blake. I think he did those things all by his little self, with a bit of back up from Ros in the case of Kachimov. I cannot defend those actions because to me, they are reprehensible, and not a part of Harry that I like. In the same breath, and taking this back to binkies original questions, why do "we" forgive Harry for these actions so quickly/easily? My answer is I don't. I think he chose to give a piece of his morality and soul away for the sake of the memory of Adam and Ros. What makes him fascinating when he does these kinds of brutal things, as Silktie has mentioned above, he is not afraid to sell his soul. Perhaps this is why he has survived so long? He doesn't tell Ruth about killing Blake to give her a bit of plausible deniability as well as the the fact that, I think, he knows the actions were wrong in the operational sense.

I also don't think that Harry is the only who has made these kinds of brutal nearly murderous choices, but I'd have to go find back up for that before I crow too much about it.
(30-01-2011 01:17 AM)binkie Wrote:  [ Angel Avoiding the very substantial temptation to launch into some kind of historical review of all the ways in which pre-humanist philosophy has explored and rejected the concept of death as the easier option Angel ]

Heh, heh, heh...by all means, binkie, PM it to me! You know I love it! I always learn a lot from you. I assume you are referring to scholaticism (I *think*?) so I suppose that is no surprise either. I guess there is the vein of the Secular Humanist in me. Wink

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - A Cousin - 31-01-2011 07:30 PM