Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
31-01-2011, 07:58 PM
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
What I think is interesting is that Harry has done some dubious things and yet, for some people, the very fact he's done them enhances is appeal as the hero. I differ from A Cousin's opinion in that I can forgive Harry for them, understand his motivations and almost say 'what a man' for doing them. And this really surprises me as my personal ethics would not normally condone eye for an eye (in which case the whole world would become blind) but here it seems to.

Naivety suggests it's because we're aware he does these things without personal gain, and doesn't do them lightly, losing some of himself in the process. The fact he's prepared to sell his soul, make the decisions and ultimately act where so many others would falter.

It's the honour among thieves idea. Even in reprehensible acts there can be honour and principle. It's all very interesting with Kudos and PF doing an excellent job with this dilemma.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - loladom - 31-01-2011 07:58 PM