Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
05-04-2011, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 10:29 AM by Nixie.)
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
(05-04-2011 07:26 AM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  That's the kind of writing that's been missing in more recent series, and I really miss it.

Interestingly, the scriptwriter, Ben Richards, wrote 17 episodes from S2 to S8 (3 each in S3, 4, 5, 7 & 8, and 1 each in S2 & S6). Whereas in S9, 4 of the 6 scriptwriters were new to Spooks. Jonathan Brackley & Sam Vincent wrote 5 of the 8 episodes (in ep. 5 they were joined by Oliver Brown). This means they wrote 62.5% of the season, which is atypical for Spooks, where usually a particular writer or writing team write no more than 40% of a season (the exception being S1, where David Wolstencroft & Howard Brenton wrote 2 episodes each + one together). Another newcomer, Anthony Neilson wrote ep. 7. Ep. 2 was written by David Farr, who's written 8 episodes in S4-S9, and ep. 3 was written by Richard McBrien, who's written 3 episodes - 1 in each of S7, 8 & 9. In other words, only eps. 2 & 3 were written by scriptwriters who has previously written for Spooks.
I just thought that the above post probably should be somewhere else - I'm just not sure where! Sorry, mods.

"I like the niceties. They protect us from tyranny."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Nixie - 05-04-2011 10:02 AM