Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
01-08-2011, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2011 09:00 AM by pennyfeather.)
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
Series 10 Spoiler: show
The 'I don't know who I can trust anymore' quote I would agree is more of a general statement to do with the events playing out in season 10 rather than one directed at Ruth; his way of saying I need your help. I think he must feel very vulnerable after the events of S9. There are so many people who have betrayed him, who he trusted and who ultimately have let him down. I see that line as almost a warning to Ruth about his current state of mind. He's been the boss for so many years and I can only remember one time in the entire series when he actually said 'okay guys I have no answers.'
Its interesting that just before Lucas dies he said 'I am nothing' which immediately made me think of a scene from King Lear (Soz had to get that in somewhere seeing as I'm ignoring my Lear essay in favour of reading Spooks) Edgar after his brother betrays him says 'I nothing am' and at the end of the Serenity (Joss Whedon whooo!) the villain says in reference to himself: 'there's nothing left to see'. Both are comments issued moments when their faith in anything or anyone has more or less vanished. I think Harry (tho to a lesser extent) is going through a similar period of 'I don't know what the hell to think or feel anymore' - Except of course in regards to Ruth. ^_^ Coz she's his shining light...*GLORIA!!*

It was the wind Ruth...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - pennyfeather - 01-08-2011 08:42 AM