Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
01-08-2011, 12:02 PM
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
Pennyfeather wrote:
"I read somewhere that a fellow poster thought that Ruth's crying at the end of Episode 8 might have been either for Lucas or Harry. I cannot believe that. She locked eyes with Harry before he left, acknowledged that it was his turn to die and then was fighting back tears as she carried out his orders. For me that crying scene was all about Harry and her love for him."

I agree with you that, when Ruth locked eyes with Harry before he left and when she cried at the end, she showed her love for him. I never understood why some fans reproached Ruth the words "It's my turn" she said to Harry when she seemed to blame Harry for her rescue. Harry knew that Ruth believed it was her turn to die for the country. That's why, when he left the Grid, he told her "It's my turn". In 8.8 Ruth could not stop Harry from going to the hotel where Ros and the bomb were located. How was she going to stop him this time when he decided to meet with Lucas?

Harry knows Ruth better than anybody else and vice-versa. They share the same values and fight for the same causes. That is why their love story is so compelling. Let's us hope that in S10 Harry's secret will not destroy their love, but strenghten it.

I love the moral dilemna that Harry faced in S9. He was questioning himself after a long career. In fact, Harry is getting more and more interesting throughout the series.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - beatrice4ruth - 01-08-2011 12:02 PM