Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
Oh, boy, what did I write? In fact, you are putting words in my mouth. I did not blame Harry for the death of George. I only mention that it was amazing that Ruth could still love Harry, when George was shot more or less in front of her. If I were in the same situation and perhaps NW was thinking the same, I know that I could not go on working with Harry. I would also have given the location of the uranium if my children - to Ruth Nico was her child - were threatened by a terrorist. Ruth knows very well that it is not Harry's fault that George was shot and she feels guilty for not loving George as much as Harry. Perhaps George's death could have been avoided if Harry had given the information about the uranium, when he was first held hostage by Mani and before Ruth was involved.

Ruth thought that she would never see Harry again and she had to rebuild her life; after all she is 17 younger than Harry. What was she supposed to do alone abroad, live like a nun? Harry did not try to look for her, even though he could have found her easily with all the resources of Section D. I think that Harry felt guilty for not coming after her and he did not resent Ruth's rebuilding her life.

I hope that we never hear about George again.

As PF said himself, Spooks is just entertainment. We should enjoy the fabulous acting of PF and NW in S10, as we did in 8.1 and all the other episodes. It is to their credit that we all get so involved in H/R.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - beatrice4ruth - 01-08-2011 07:28 PM