Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
02-08-2011, 07:29 AM
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
I agree with that Silktie.

I'm still not quite sure what you're saying, Bea. Why should it be impossible to love Harry having seen George shot in front of her? Should it be impossible for her to love anyone then, because George was shot? Or just Harry? In which case you are kind of saying that surely she must hold Harry responsible. And are you really saying that Harry should have handed over a WMD to a criminal at the point when only his own life was at stake on the offchance that Ruth might suddenly appear on the scene with a child in tow (when he has carefully protected her from such things for years by deliberately not seeking her out however much he might have wanted to!). Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Ruth. I too would have done anything to save my child. I just think she would torture herself with guilt about it afterwards. I also think she would then have shown a little more understanding to someone who then did the exact same thing (or so she thought) for love of her - if her character development had been consistent (as per Silktie's comments).

Don't worry, I'm not really getting myself as worked up about this as I clearly sound! Wink It's just that your opinion is quite widely held (even by NW herself if would seem) and it therefore seems quite a high possibility that the storyline will follow the same kind of vein. If it does, I would be (relatively) happy if I could just follow the logic of it. But this line of thought is such a genuine mystery to me that I know I will hate the entire series because I'll spend the whole time screaming "but why?". I'm seeking clarification of the logic now to try and guard against that so I can enjoy Series 10 whatever it decides to throw at us.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - DogSoSmall - 02-08-2011 07:29 AM