Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
03-08-2011, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2011 01:47 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
(03-08-2011 12:52 AM)pennyfeather Wrote:  Were the writers in this season an entirely different set of people or were they just trying to create division and more drama between Harry and Ruth?

Not all of them. The lead writers, Johnathan Brackley and Sam Vincent, were new, as was Oliver Brown, who was a co-writer with Brackley/Vincent on 9.5. The other four - David Farr (9.2), Richard McBrien (9.3), and Anthony Neilson (9.7) - had all written for Spooks in past series. More to the point, the producer, Lachlan McKinnon, was new as well. The producer and lead writers have a lot of control over the over-all feel and theme of a series. Chris Fry, who produced S8, is back to produce S10. As are Sam Vincent and Jonathan Brackley.

That said, none of this is unusual for Spooks. They have consistently developed new talent over the years. If memory serves, Ben Richards was a novelist when he started writing for Spooks.

But I am waaaay OT....

I am with the crew that says that Harry has had very consistent development. He has had the luxury of time, familiarity and focus that no other character on the programme has had.

My opinions re: Ruth's development I will move to the Ruth thread. Smile

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - A Cousin - 03-08-2011 01:36 PM