Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
20-09-2011, 01:39 PM
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
(20-09-2011 11:12 AM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  Harry must have made an intelligence decision, at the time he was with Elena and because of her, that might have jeopardize a mission.
This mistake, known only by very few people, is being taken advantage to destroy Harry's career and reputation even further.

I certainly hope this is the case. I would be a bit disappointed (and surprised) if they take the sentimental route. I think the fact that they have already revealed the "Sasha-is-my-son" (brilliantly under-played but the man himself) hopefully means that that isn't all there is to it?

But humour me here for a minute while I wax symbolic (you know you love it Silktie! Wink ), to go with the Harry as a tragic hero idea, as is the form of Greek tragedy, he is a basically good man who made mistakes that then come back to bite him in the ass. Whatever goal he has to accomplish runs into road-blocks presented by fate, the gods or his own hamartia (or what is known as the "tragic flaw") gets in the way. All this leads to him having some sort of revelation and catharsis and ending in a reversal of fortune. In Harry's case, I think his hamartia would be his "sure moral sense". I thought it interesting that they used Nicholas Blake's words to Harry in 9.1 about his sure moral sense limiting him.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - A Cousin - 20-09-2011 01:39 PM