Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
25-09-2011, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 02:31 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
C'mon, Silktie! Catch up! Tongue You amaze me with your recall and analysis based one viewing. I (obviously) have to watch several times to keep up with the plot.

(25-09-2011 09:55 AM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  I know that Harry is a good father who loves his children, English or Russian. He just seems to have problems staying connected to them.

(PSA: Please humour me while I ramble a bit here. Thank you. Smile)

I would agree (and certainly hope) that Sasha will be the key in this series and not Elena. I am not sure that Harry has been a good father but I do agree that he does care for his children.

While I would like to think that Harry pushed Catherine and Graham away to protect them from his job, I think he did it more because he "serves [his] country in whatever capacity asked of [him]." Full stop. It is only recently that he has begun to realize the full ramifications of that kind of sure moral sense. First in S2 with Catherine - another situation in which he was not at his operational best but shows that he clearly cares for her - and now with Sasha. Sasha is a bit different given the situation around his almost defection. I think that Harry did that to protect him. Full stop.

Wait a minute, I just had a thought. (Always dangerous....Tongue) I assumed that Sasha was going to defect with Elena but do we know that right now? Ruth mentions it in the last scene when Harry is coming clean to her - but that might just be an assumption? Did Harry burn Elena to keep her with Sasha in Russia?

One more question: During the scene when Harry is coming clean to Ruth re: Sasha, does Elena whisper something to Harry in the flashbacks? Is she telling him that Sasha is his? In other words, how does Harry know Sasha is his? I suppose Harry has to believe this b/c he has to believe he is the bestest spy ever. (Love that, Silktie!) But Coaver sure looks an awful lot like Harry.

And we forget Ilya in this equation. How much does he know? What is the very loaded past he and Harry clearly share? Can't be about Elena, b/c he wasn't supposed to know about that. Or her spying for MI5.

Or maybe, Spooks being Spooks, I am just suspicious of everyone. Wink

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - A Cousin - 25-09-2011 02:30 PM