Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
28-09-2011, 06:55 AM
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
(28-09-2011 12:42 AM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  Just curious.

If moral sense means the ability to determine the rightness or wrongness of actions, why did Harry have an affair with Elena, the wife of a KGB officer? I understand why he ended the liaison, but not why he started it even if he was in love? If the defence of the nation was so important to Harry even during the Cold War, why did he get entangled in an affair with an enemy agent? To me, it is a puzzle.

When you say that Ruth also possesses moral sense, do you mean that she would denounce Harry to the HS if he continues to cover up his involvement with Elena and Sasha for personal reasons and not for the exposure of the impersonator? I think she would because her moral sense is more obvious than that of Harry. She does not hesitate to confront his decisions when she believes that they are wrong. If Ruth exposes Harry, she might be seen as a traitor by some fans. However, she would do the right thing.

I hope that Harry stays true to his moral sense to the very end. For the time being, it does not look too promising. His dilemna is that sometimes his moral sense seems to conflict with his desire to protect those he loves.

Perhaps Harry had an affair with Elena in order to turn her into an agent for Britain? It may seem callous in a human sense, but his duty is to Britain. He showed that in this last episode when he told Erin not to tell Martha she was in danger until the last possible minute. That's why the line 'does that make you uncomfortable?' was included. It portrays Harry's determination to get the most info regardless of the human cost.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Naivety - 28-09-2011 06:55 AM