Poll: Will Harry survive the show?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
20-10-2011, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 02:01 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3)
(20-10-2011 09:51 AM)JHyde Wrote:  During the whole scene between Ilya and Harry I kept thinking of that old Harry line about him doing his own dirty work.

Has Harry stopped doing his own dirty work? Is Ilya right?

I think Ilya grossly misinterprets and/or underestimates Harry in this scene. Harry does have love and he has always done his own dirty work. Does Ilya think that Harry still has feeling for Elena? Ruth did until he set her straight about it in 10.5.

I love this scene. I love how Nalluri focus's the camera on Harry's reaction to Ilya's words.
(20-10-2011 06:10 AM)Silktie Wrote:  I wonder if Harry quietly accepting his extradition to the US is his way of atoning for all he's done?

Or perhaps he's merely once again doing what's best for the realm - if he made trouble or disappeared it would strain relations between the US and UK even further.

Absolutely. He also makes his last request in the best interest of the country and all the people involved. I find Tower's reaction to it interesting. Can't quite read him there. He could just say OK and not do it, but he does seem to take Harry's request to heart almost grudgingly.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - A Cousin - 20-10-2011 01:58 PM