Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
18-01-2011, 01:50 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
(17-01-2011 09:27 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  They really don't frighten the horses.

Ha ha! Love it, Watchstrap.

I don't think it's entirely the fear of imperfect bodies and the spectre of middle aged people in the emotional throes of love that keeps the writers on this path. All of the doubt and hesitation and mistrust certainly isn't what I'd want in my own life, but it keeps us watching. That said, I don't think we'll see characters like H&R in the kind of gratuitous sex scenes Lucas was in, as in my opinion some of those scenes were pure flesh flogging.

This has already been said better by others, but I think that another season of Ruth and Harry doing the tension dance on the same team is just untenable. It would be disengenuous and cruel of Ruth to stay in this tiny MI5 dept, knowing what she knows of how Harry feels. Thus to keep them "together," there will be some external force that causes her to fight for him. She can't just leave because she has to save him. That drags on for a season, in the background of the threat du jour and ill-advised rabbit couplings of the youngsters. We think we know she loves him, but he doesn't know--the uncertainty keeps us watching and the external forces keep them apart.

But then I always guess wrong. I think I'll join the cake people!

Thus let me live, unheard, unknown;
Thus unlamented let me dye;
Steal from the world, and not a stone
Tell where I lye.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - expat - 18-01-2011 01:50 PM