Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
18-01-2011, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2011 10:06 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
(18-01-2011 10:09 AM)Obsession Wrote:  Loved your comment watchstrap. Smile I've wondered about that a fair bit too. Kinda got me annoyed they have to be so quaint, while Ros and Adam are at it, and Lucas with all his women.

Give us the goods. Dodgy

You know, I was thinking exacty they same thing about Adam/Ros ect the other day Wink

Look at all the other relationships that have occured, all the other members of the team who have had at least a chance, it annoys me
And relationships like Adam/Ros and Lucas/Sarah, ect all were quiet fiesty, and a different kind of tension to what Harry and Ruth have
How I see it Harry and Ruth's story is more of a "true" or "classic" love story because of what they've been through together and the problems they face...
And if Ruth and Harry did get together... just because they are together doesn't mean they have to be all over each other every time they are alone, actually that would be pretty OOC for them, just allow them to be together, have some kind of scenes of revealtion between them where they both admit how they feel, I'd be happy to see them kiss and continue it on from there
I suppose we can hope Wink

(18-01-2011 01:50 PM)expat Wrote:  ...That said, I don't think we'll see characters like H&R in the kind of gratuitous sex scenes Lucas was in, as in my opinion some of those scenes were pure flesh flogging.

This has already been said better by others, but I think that another season of Ruth and Harry doing the tension dance on the same team is just untenable. It would be disengenuous and cruel of Ruth to stay in this tiny MI5 dept, knowing what she knows of how Harry feels. Thus to keep them "together," there will be some external force that causes her to fight for him. She can't just leave because she has to save him. That drags on for a season, in the background of the threat du jour and ill-advised rabbit couplings of the youngsters. We think we know she loves him, but he doesn't know--the uncertainty keeps us watching and the external forces keep them apart.

But then I always guess wrong. I think I'll join the cake people!

Totally right Wink There's would never be a Lucas-type scene for them... well, do I speak too soon? Wink nahh I don't think there would be, If Harry and Ruth did get together I think we'd only see up to a certain point, as in the typical "Annnnnd next morning" kind of scene.

Definatly it would be cruel of Ruth and I totally agree about her having to fight for him.
After what happened in S5, if she did leave to save again I don't think he could allow her to do it, it would break him, she sacrificed herself to save him before, and in S9 he returned the favour, not trading Albany, but trading his life and career to save her Sad

Of course we see she loves him, and she knows that he loves her...
But poor Harry, he's still not sure if she loves him, all these mixed signals he's getting...it's like he doesn't know what he can do to make things right

*sighs* I guess we should have confidence that the writters will be kind to Harry and Ruth in S10... *Laughs*...
We can always hope Wink

I undestand that the tension is one of the reason people keep watching (It was a similar thing in Ashes to Ashes and that was the reason they gave for not getting Gene and Alex together, they said there would be no show) but that show only went on for 3 Series of 8 Eps each,
H/R has been going on for much longer, and after so long, the tension and will they/won't they gets a little boring and repetitive,
I suppose getting them together would give us a change of direction...and new problems and challenges could rise up out of it, personal and professional Wink

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 18-01-2011 06:12 PM