Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
19-01-2011, 07:36 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
For heaven's sake, people, stop giving Kudos permission for a sad ending! (not that they need our permission, of course, they're quite capable of that on their own). I don't understand this obsession in the film world for tragedy - "it's not a rom-com therefore it has to end badly, to prove our credibility". I have read a number of beautifully written, quality pieces of literature which have then been translated to the screen and the film makers have inexplicably decided that the satisfying, happy ending which perfectly rounded off the story should be changed to a sad, frustrating one. WHY? Are we all so cynical that it's the only thing a modern audience will accept? If you want reality, the truth is, some people really are made to be together and manage to achieve it and be happy. I don't find that boring. I find it refreshing and delightful, and couldn't we all do with a little hope in amongst this complicated, bloody struggle of a life? (Sorry, getting a little carried away here).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - DogSoSmall - 19-01-2011 07:36 AM