Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
19-01-2011, 03:34 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
(19-01-2011 06:45 AM)Silktie Wrote:  I have always thought the most likely route the HR story will play out is that they will get them together for a season, and then one of them will die horribly at the end of that season. Tongue

Silktie - get out of my brain! Wink What my romantic side wants to have happen and what I think they are really going to do are two completely different things. And I am really pretty fine either way.

What you suggest above is kind of where I think they are going to take it as well. But I think it will be the best case scenario. Or one will simply leave because they can't work together anymore. In the end, what happens will be dictated by contracting, other commitments of PF and NW and the whether or not there will be a S11 at all. As one who was reasonably satisfied with S9 in regards to the exploration into the HR friendship, I will be happy as long as it is well written.

Just playing Devil's Advocate a bit (and ducking the rotten tomatoes that will inevitably be thrown at me), there is one more option: Ruth does not love Harry in that way and does not want to "be" with him. To ride this wave for a moment, I know there are very few here who think that Ruth doesn't love/respect/adore Harry. I would agree with that. Perhaps the nature of her feelings for him are simply not the same as his for her? Right now, I don't precisely know where she stands. If Ruth point blank said to Harry, "I don't love you in that way and I don't want to marry you" rather than cloaking it in "we couldn't be more together" double speak, would I be able to accept that at face value? I could, because at least it is all on the table. Should Ruth commit to Harry just because he loves her? Would any of us commit to someone just because they loved us? I wouldn't - because that would be unfair and completely dishonest to both parties.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - A Cousin - 19-01-2011 03:34 PM