Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
19-01-2011, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2011 04:07 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
(19-01-2011 03:50 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Good point, AC. If she just loves him as a friend, she shouldn't be with him only because he loves her so much. But if that is the case, she should also be honest enough to tell him so rather than say things that gives him hope there's still a chance.

I don't think it's the case, though. I think she really does truly love him, as I don't see Ruth as cruel enough to string him along if she doesn't love him.

Haha, I dare Kudos to prove us all wrong and provide a happy ending for once. We know they like to do the unexpected, and a happy ending for Harry and Ruth certainly would be unexpected.
Oooh you took the words Right out of my mouth Wink
If we also found out that the 7 Series they've known each other hat the build up was all for Harry and that Ruth doesn't love him like that I don't think the majority would be very happy bunnies (But if that were the case, pleasing majorities then Lucas would've had a different S9)
I mean if Ruth isn't 'in love' with Harry then what was S8, 9 all about, all those moments they had? It would've been a waste, and it would break poor Harry's heart.
Watching over S8 and 9 again I do think that she does love him, as in 'in love' with him, I agree, I don't think she's cruel enough to lead him on,
Perhaps because of what she feels she already feels like she's being cruel, because she feels that given the chance to be with him things could either go very wrong, or thier relationship would just get in the way and she doesn't think its fair on either of them Wink

Actually I was watching 8.1 with an audio commentary, I cant remember who was doing it, whether it was a writter or director, but during the scene where Harry and Ruth meet again one of them did say "They were in love with each other" I always tend to listen to the ones who write and direct, and NW and PF spent so much time creating the tension, the relationsip between Ruth and Harry, why throw it all away by finding out the feeing between isn't mutual? Wink

I'm daring Kudos too Wink Come on Kudos, one happy ending won't kill anyone Wink... wait... could've spoken too soon,
haha a Happy ending is Spook is always unexpected, and Kudos DO like unexpected Tongue

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 19-01-2011 04:05 PM