Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
20-01-2011, 06:35 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
Well, when your career is all you have it's a pretty big thing to give up. But Harry is willing to sacrifice much more than his career for Ruth. In season 5 he went to jail to save her, until Ruth decided that the better option was for her to fake her own death and disappear. All that was done without informing Harry, so that he could do nothing about it by the time he found out. And remember, this time round he also could go to jail.

Something that I find it interesting to think about, is whether people have a choice in what they do or whether they're forced into it. In season 5 both Ruth and Harry consciously chose to sacrifice themselves for each other. They both had other options there. But in season 8 Ruth did not choose to sacrifice her life in Cyprus - it was taken from her. Hence her struggle to come to terms with it. Would she have chosen to sacrifice that life to save Harry if she was given a choice? I don't know. In season 9 we once again have Harry choosing to save Ruth, when he had other options.

But I don't necessarily want this to turn into a competition to see which of them could sacrifice more than the other. We know by now they're both willing to give up everything for the other. I'd now like to see them give up their fears of commitment for each other.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 20-01-2011 06:35 AM