Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
21-01-2011, 12:05 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
I'd say Ruth has put Harry on a pedestal until the proposal and even after that when she told him they couldn't be more together than they already were through work. I definately think she loves him but she also thinks she doesn't deserve him or any happiness due to the events with George and maybe she thought it would be enough to see Harry everyday on the Grid and this is the "togetherness" she accepts.

But when she's crying after Harry went off to see Lucas (and yes, surely some of these tears are for Lucas too) maybe that's the point when she realises that it hurts even more not to have Harry in her life anymore than to have him but to keep him at arm's length. So this could be the turning point once she learns Harry got out of this alive and even more when she learns that Albany was a fake. But as someone already said before, now it's definately Ruth's turn to talk to Harry and to make amends.

I really hope the writers decide to get them together but it doesn't need to be rushed as this again would be totally out of character. The problem is that I don't have any clue how they could do this. I think neither Harry nor Ruth would really take a step forward even after all these realisations and would probably need some kind of middleman to see their senses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - lottanyman - 21-01-2011 12:05 AM