Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
05-02-2011, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2011 06:22 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
(05-02-2011 05:43 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  The series 9 dvd will be the first one I've actually bought. Purely for the H/R content. Take note, Kudos. I know I'm only one person, but I'm sure I'm replicated across the country - no, make that world!! Smile

Haha I would buy S9 just for the H/R content, even if I had hated S9 (Which I didn't thank goodness)
Take note Kudos!!! Definatly Wink Big Grin

(05-02-2011 05:16 PM)Tess24 Wrote:  An executive producer on the series 3 extras said that it was very common in real life for people within the service to get together - that's enough precedent for me - I'm all for keeping it as close to reality as possible in this case.

I remember that, and it was shown in S3 as well wasn't it? With Zoe and Will, when Zoe had to talk to future MI5 officers abour how difficult a relationship with someone outside the Service can be... as it was also proven when Will's brother stole those photos.
With the case of Harry and Ruth, now, I can't actually imagine them being with anyone else other than each other,
Even when Ruth was with George in S8 it made me feel a little upset, like somehow Ruth had settled for it because what she had wanted was taken from her, but she believed she'd never go back to that life again, she had no choice but to move on... I felt sorry for Harry, but by the end of the Series it was nearly as if nothing had happened, like Ruth had just slotted back into place very quicky and it feels in S8 that they are closer than they had ever been in S4 and 5, the tragedies, the things they'd faced together (Especially 8.1) brought them closer together (in Series 8 and 9 they faced a lot more together, rather than in Series 4 and 5 where they delt with issues further apart) because as it was said in S3, You can only ever really, truly understand someone in MI5 if you also work in MI5.
Wink

It is pretty common for people in the Service to get together... lets hold on to hope eh? Smile Wink

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 05-02-2011 06:17 PM