Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
07-03-2011, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2011 06:36 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
I agree with you there Silktie!
Here's how I see it, for S10 at least,
The writters could continue the whole Harry and Ruth relationship as they've done before, with them NOT being together but then any new storylines would just be a repeat of what we've seen already,
PF said it as well, nearly everything has been explored now in terms of story lines now, and in S9 the whole marriage proposal was there to try and move the relationship on a little, add some new kind of tension, but much more tension can you add before it starts becoming a little... well boring?
OR they can get them together in Series 10 and see how their professional and person relationship works differently, personally I'd say now, after so long it would be more interesting to see how things worked out of they got together, even if things didn't work out Wink
Watching through the S9 commentary Andrew Woodhead and both writters for 9.1 said "Because they should be together"... So why not get them together already? Tongue
And of course, it should be low key, never the main storyline... I think that's what S9 did quite well, it managed to keep the relationship pretty low key and then in the end it was used as part of the whole Lucas/John storyline, it was a lind of underlying storyline that managed to somehow work its way into the main storyline Wink

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 07-03-2011 06:33 PM