Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
07-03-2011, 07:24 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
(07-03-2011 07:15 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  It's kind of ridiculous that the producer and the writers think "they should be together". Well, get on with it then!!!!!! Who comes up with the flippin' storylines if it's not the programme makers and the writers? They talk as if they have no control over the situation and that Harry and Ruth are a law unto themselves. Yet we know that they would have "done it loads by now" if it were up to Nicola and Peter. So who is this shady, unknown spectre that's holding up the show? Somebody slip something in their whisky and lets get on with it!!

You have to remember that the EP/writers are duty-bound to write exciting, un-predictable drama Wink As much as they may want Harry and Ruth to get together, it may not necessarily make the best story. I'm actually expecting them to get Harry and Ruth together for an episode or two, and then have them be cruelly torn apart again. It seems like the kind of plot that would keep viewers on edge, and give the actors a chance to sink their teeth into some good drama (as long as it doesn't become horribly soap-opera-esque). If S10 is indeed the final series, I think we can assume that Harry and Ruth will either live "happily ever after" (you never know, the writers might surprise us!) or else one of them will die/they'll otherwise be forced to remain apart.

Gnothi Seauton.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Byatil - 07-03-2011 07:24 PM