Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
12-03-2011, 09:28 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
Do we know definitely that there will only be six episodes? It seems such a short series, it'll be over before we've even got into it. Sad

The overwhelming sensation during series 9 was disappointment, and I'm going to concentrate on the Harry and Ruth element here. Yet when you go back over series 9, there were more Harry and Ruth moments than in any series before.

Because we all knew the outcome of episode 5.5 they couldn't go back to merely unrequited love - we all know they love one another. Unfortunately simply getting them together and them living happily ever after does not keep viewers hooked, so the only route is angst, and I think that despite what we all want, angst is what we will get still more of.

I try to analyse what I, personally want and I am not sure if the possibility that THE moment will happen is sweeter than the moment itself. I think I may be worried about the feeling of anti climax.

I do hope that makes sense! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Naivety - 12-03-2011 09:28 PM