Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
22-03-2011, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2011 08:50 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
Ooooh this threads become full of life!!!!Big Grin

(22-03-2011 12:44 PM)xRuthx Wrote:  ^Sure

What do people think of the likelihood of Harry and Ruth for series ten? I am just asking because I can't decide myself. One second I think they will end up together and the next I think it's just not possible and it's all going to end sadly.
---
would like to see Harry and Ruth together though eventually because I would love to see a mature, older relationship on screen and how it works within the context of spying.

What do other people think?

Likelihood of them getting together? Hmmm not sure, pulling in the direction that they will is that NW and PF, The writters, the directors and fans want them to get together, pulling in the direction that they won't is the question of whether it makes good TV that will keep people watching or whether it would just come to a standstill if they did get together, because the whole will they/ wont they thing would end Smile

I agree!! I'd love to see how it develops and pans out! It would very interesting to see a mature, older relationship develop rather just seeing the young ones (I speaks of Lucas's and Adam's relationships Tongue)

(22-03-2011 03:49 PM)Silktie Wrote:  After the developments in season 8 - Ruth asking Harry for a drink, comforting him on the roof etc, I was relatively certain something would happen in season 9. We'd get a hug at the very least, I thought.

Boy was I wrong.

I'm much less certain about what we might get in the next season, mainly because I'm not sure where they want to take both characters from here. Does Harry still want to do the job? And will Ruth find a way not to be 'dead inside' any more?

I hope they move it on and show us a relationship, but I'm not holding my breath this time.

I think thats what was so frustrating about S9, that after S8 it was expected the relationship would grow closer, and maybe they'd get together, they gave it the chance when Harry asked Ruth to marry him, and I can understand why she said no, I mean they weren't even together as a couple, in a way its like asking your best friend to marry you without being in a relationship with them... and it came out of nowhere, but it did create a little more tension with Ruth trying to avoid it for the rest of S9... then of course 9.8 happened and I hope her chat with Lucas can make her change her mind and at least give a relationship with Harry a chance

I'm not sure he wants the job anymore, but surely Harry would fight the enquiry so he's not disgraced and then sacked for committing treason Wink
As for Ruth, the writters said S9 there was a lot of character development which develops even more and sets itself up in S10... so that dead inside feeling, may not go away Wink

I hope they do too,
Stop with the whole will they wont they we've seen for so long and let them move on, be kind please writters Big Grin

(22-03-2011 05:08 PM)Byatil Wrote:  I'd like them to get together, but I think it will really be a question of whether them having a relationship will make "good drama" or not Tongue As Silktie says... I'm not holding my breath!

That's THE question Wink But would seeing the same kind of relationship thats been going for a long time make good drama if it became repetitive?

I've got hope... but hope fades Wink Going to stay hopefull though, until the autumn Tongue

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 22-03-2011 06:53 PM