Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
22-03-2011, 09:28 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
(22-03-2011 01:17 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  What I want to have happen and what I think they are going to do are two different things. I think they are going to continue to string us along. I think the best we can hope for is a reconciliation at the very, very end but only if S10 is the last series. OR they are going to get them together only to tear them apart again.

Then again, I thought Ruth might be the baddie of S9, so what do I know!?! I very rarely predict this programme correctly. That's why I like it!Confused

Haha I think I might have been the one that started the Ruth as bad theory over on the other forum. I was pretty convinced for awhile there.

Tbh I am of the opinion that the will they/won't they can no longer viably be considered good drama for a lot of viewers because people are just getting tired of it. Frankly, I fail to see how getting two people together in a meaningful if complicated relationship isn't good drama.

Surprisingly, I really thought the Ruth story arc for series nine was absolutely necessary, mainly because in my opinion the writers for series eight slipped up with Ruth's return and the loss of her new family (I think Nicola expressed dissatisfaction with this somewhere too but can't remember where now?) and went back to the will they/won't they in a way that was rather inconsistent for me. When I think of Ruth's story I think of episode's 8.1-3 and then skip to 9.1 in terms of how I feel the character developement should have gone realistically speaking.

BUT now that she's had her cry and seen who Harry is and who she is I think its time they moved on and I think it would be believable for that to happen now. The only problem is it depends on wether or not she chooses to listen to Lucas. She could quite legitimately ignore his opinion based on the fact that he was a murderer and a psychopath and therefore still keep pushing Harry away. Actually, when I first started watching Spooks, I thought after Danny died Ruth would be the next to go via the nervous breakdown route because of never having time to grieve and I do see that as possibly happening too. I also have written a fic where Ruth just can't take it anymore and finds someone else. I think that's also a possibility.

As others have pointed out elsewhere though, if Ruth is told Albany is a fake would that change things coupled with the carthatic tears? Was that Harry giving Ruth a chance to see who he really is?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - xRuthx - 22-03-2011 09:28 PM