Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
22-03-2011, 10:00 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
^Would they really do that to us though? Really? They'd at least have to resolve some things between him and Ruth. Though I am of the opinion that Ruth was beginning to act rather like a section head in series nine and I did wonder at one point if they were setting up both Lucas and Harry to die in 9.8.

My personal theory is that series ten will be an ongoing enquiry that willl end in Harry retiring and Ruth leaving with him if ten is the last series and the writer's stop talking about the phantom menace who is keeping those two apart. Or Ruth will go under towards the end of the season and Harry has to keep on keeping on and if this happens my heart will break and I will never watch 5.5 ever again.

I think it is safe to assume though that both Ruth and Harry will both last at least for most of the series. There are too few charcters left to invest in for viewers. Ruth and Harry are the two strongest characters the writers have left.

Oh well, if I really hate what they do with Ruth and Harry in series ten, I figure I can always pretend the show stopped at series seven where Ros and Lucas are still Team Awesome and there is no Sarah or Maya or pshyco or Ros death and Harry moves on from Ruth in the fullness of time and Ruth stays in Cyprus learning to be happy with George. Obviously I would rather I didn't have to do that though Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - xRuthx - 22-03-2011 10:00 PM