Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
11-07-2011, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 10:14 PM by beatrice4ruth.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
Series series 10 Spoiler: show
It was mentioned in a previous review that the secret threatened not only Harry's relationship with Ruth, but also his relationship with those close to him. I suppose his family; with the rumored departure of Tariq (sorry, I cannot remember where I saw this info and therefore I cannot quote the source) on the grid there would be left only Dimitri. If Harry had an affair with a Russian spy and even a child with her, Ruth might forgive him his personal failing. After all, she lived with George, but she never disclosed her true profession to him.

She would draw the line if it was proven that Harry had committed treason (I shudder at that word) during a possible liaison with a foreign agent. Ruth got upset with Harry when she thought that he had given away Albany. She would never forgive him a real betrayal. If Harry somehow betrayed the country, some fans would no longer blame Ruth for her refusal of Harry's marriage proposal.

Or Harry might never forgive Ruth if she no longer trusted him and accused him of treason, even though he was innocent.

I hope that Spooks does not chose either distasteful possibility. Ruth is my favorite character and I love the way she has developed throughout the series. I want do not want the character of Harry as an honorable man to be destroyed. The whole Spooks show would be a sham.

I just want Harry and Ruth to be together after so much suffering. They have already paid the price of being a spy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 11-07-2011 06:26 PM