Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
13-08-2011, 06:00 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
Seeing as the Harry/Ruth relationship is supposed to come to a head in season 10, I have been thinking about how it will pick up at the start of the season after what we saw in season 9.

I think after the events of season 9, we now stand at a situation where Ruth knows, and has acknowledged in words, that Harry loves her. But Harry cannot know for certain that Ruth loves him. Sure, she supported him when he doubted himself, but that is not necessarily a show of love. Good friends also support each other through hard times and times of doubt. And good friends also don't want each other to go to their deaths knowingly. Everything she's done throughout season 9 tells him she still respects him a great deal, and that professionally they will always have a close bond and he will have her support, but she made it very clear that anything more personal is out of bounds.

And whilst we may have seen her tears at the end of 9.8 and can see that as some sort of catharsis that will now allow her to acknowledge her love for him, Harry didn't see it.

I hope that we pick up their story at this point and see it develop from there, whether to a positive or negative end, and not skip over this to some sort of conclusion without any explanation of how they got there.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 13-08-2011 06:00 AM