Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
19-09-2011, 11:19 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
Series series 10 Spoiler: show
I'm not anti Elena and I don't think that Harry will fall back head over heels in love with her. This is a brave move for Kudos, giving us a story about past love with mature actors. The way Harry reacted to his past relationship with Elena is pretty realistic. The thing about past lovers is that they are in the past, you don't think you will ever see them again. So when Elena resurfaces, so do Harry's memories of how he felt all those years ago.

S10 seems to be providing Harry with a sexual identity, particularly in the eyes of Ruth which is no bad thing IMO. She was definitely brought up a bit short when Harry told her that he and Elena were lovers. Ruth didn't look madly jealous, but there was a reaction, maybe a teary eye look or was that just my imagination? Ruth seems to have thought about her willingness to unpick things with Harry, and I liked this reference back to her conversation with Lucas. Would have liked to see how her and Harry have resolved things but am happy to just go with it because there is a limit to how much can be fitted into 6 eps.

Just as a footnote, I would like to say that Alice Krige is fab as Elena, and is pretty damn fit for an actress in her late forties/early fifties. Hope people will be respectful when commenting on her character.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - watchstrap - 19-09-2011 11:19 AM