Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
19-09-2011, 05:53 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
(19-09-2011 03:47 PM)Naivety Wrote:  
Series 10 Spoiler: show
(19-09-2011 12:17 PM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  But I do not criticize the actress. She is doing her best under difficult circumstances. To play an unpleasant character must be very challenging. She is elegant but it is not her fault if she looks so ghostly. I wonder whether Kudos is sending us a message with Elena's looks.

We don't know yet if she is going to play an 'unpleasant character'. So far she has played an elegant, graceful and dignified woman, who Harry has loved in the past. The fact that he did love her, probably means she is a good person to know.

And old loves, where you've split up because of duty rather than the dying of the love, will linger on in your head. The flashbacks to them kissing mean he is remembering her fondly, and he was in his office gazing at her photo after the reception which demonstrates that he found meeting her a pleasant experience.

I think we should expect some competition for Ruth, and it may not be a bad thing (in the short termDodgy) but it may turn out that Elena is the one to turn Harry down.

It's early days, but I would say that if there are H/R problems at the start of the series, it'll mean a better outcome in the end. Undecided **hoping**

Pactum Serva

We will not agree about that for sure. That's ok. I still think that Elena by spying on her own people is not an honorable person, even if it was done out of love. Everybody seems to forget about Harry's English family, unless he was not yet married. I have a lot of problems accepting the fact she was not involved with the KGB, knowing the communist system. Perhaps I should think more like Spooks and less like Le Carre.

I do not understand why Kudos is destroying Harry's character at least on the personal level. In episode 1 Harry is portrayed as an adulterer (perhaps somebody could check when he married so that I do not always make the same mistake) and a hypocrite (I'm thinking when he told Adam "You can't seem to keep your trousers on" re Anna).

In that case, is he really worthy of our admiration and by default our love for Elena? My instictive dislike of Elena has nothing to do with Ruth. I just don't trust her. I know that the world of spying is very murky and nothing is what it seems.

I am also concerned
Series 10 Spoiler: show
about the photo of Elena in the hands of the Russians at a meeting. Is she a victim or an active participant?

I am afraid that in Episode 2 Kudos is going to destroy Harry's
professional character. Why? Is Harry a victim too or an masterspy who pulls the strings to destroy MI-5?

Throughout the series there were hints that Harry might not be what he seems. In fact, I am very interested in the evolution of that plot. I still believe that he is an honorable man.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 19-09-2011 05:53 PM