Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
20-09-2011, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 06:23 AM by Silktie.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
I'll take my comments on Harry to the appropriate thread, and concentrate here on the HR aspect.

So, another slight reset in the tone of their relationship - after the unease of most of season 9 they are now quite comfortable and pally with each other. Should we deduce from this that they had been seeing a bit of each other while Harry was on gardening leave? But if this was so, why do they only now have the conversation about Lucas? It is said at the start of the Inquiry scene that it is the third day of proceeedings, so perhaps they only saw each other there? And why was Ruth at the Inquiry? Was she there as a witness, or purely to support Harry?

What is clear at least, is that Ruth still supports Harry fully at work, but we don't yet know whether she has made up her mind to let him in on a personal level. Is she still in "we can't be any more together than we are right now" mode, or has she moved on? And now there is the Elena/Sasha bombshell to deal with. I will understand if it gives her pause, but at the same time, it is something that happened thirty years ago. Ruth herself changed dramatically in the few years she was gone - will she be able to allow for the fact that Harry is perhaps also no longer the same person he was back then?

I wonder if Ruth, and us, should rather judge him on how he handles the situation now. In this, for me, he got the first part right: he told her the truth as soon as she asked.

Let's see where they take it from here.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 20-09-2011 06:22 AM