Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
20-09-2011, 01:55 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
I thought it interesting that when Harry asked Ruth to be his plus 1 he did so without the typical hesitancy he's shown in the past. Furthermore he felt it necessary to explain it wouldn't be a fun night out and Ruth, rather tellingly I thought, replied - 'well we've had worse' So to me it was implying they have had something occur between them during the 8 weeks. It's unfeasible that Ruth wouldn't have seen Harry after she thought he had met his death in S9 and once she understood Albany was fake.

Although I wanted to see that conversation, I also understand the writers starting S10 allowing the viewers their own assumptions about how they made their peace. The important fact is that they have found some peace with each other.

I LOVED the line where R asked to see the file. Her approach was so like the Ruth of S3 and 4.

And as Silktie mentioned - he has told her his secret at the first opportunity and when she asked. He didn't lie to her about his past in that moment. She is his confidant. Very important move. I'm still hopeful.

And we see in ep 2 that Harry tells Ruth
Series 10 Spoiler: show
You're the only one I can turn to
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - loladom - 20-09-2011 01:55 PM