Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
20-09-2011, 07:15 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
(20-09-2011 06:16 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  
(20-09-2011 06:03 PM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  I am still blown away by the last shot of Harry when he looked at Ruth with so much sorrow and fear of losing her after admitting his guilty secret. It reminds me of the shot when he looked at Ruth with the same dread of losing her after the shooting of George.

You saw sorrow and fear of losing Ruth? Wow, I really didn't see it like that at all.

What I saw was a Father coming to terms with seeing his son for the first time in god knows how long and the worried look suggested fear of the unknown situation Harry found himself in.

That look was not for Ruth in my opinion.

EDIT: And to suggest he felt guilty for having a child with another woman before even knowing Ruth is ridiculous to me. Yes, he didn't tell her about it, but he should not be feeling guilty about that. For me, he kept Sasha a secret to protect an asset which he has done in the past. Ruth doesn't have to be privy to every detail of his life before her.

I am so pleased that we do not see things the same way. As most women, Ruth would not want to know every detail of the life of their loved one/s.

I still believe that Harry felt a mixture of guilt for Sascha, who might not even be his son, and of fear of losing Ruth. Ruth would not be bothered by Harry's sentimental past; after all she was a kid during the Cold War.

Harry knew that Ruth might no longer support him if she thought that he had endangered the security of the realm through his liaison and a possible intelligence leak. I am convinced that there is more to Harry's secret than an illegitimate child. That's why Harry felt so much anguish.

By the way, when was the last time Harry saw his legitimate English children?

Thank you, PF and NW, for your incredible acting skills and for making us forget that Spooks is only a show.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 20-09-2011 07:15 PM