Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
22-09-2011, 05:14 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
I suppose that at 28 years old, when the affair with Elena must have started, you are allowed to be randy and cocky. 30 years later it might be a different matter Smile. I know that you are going to howl at that true statement!

I am happy to know that I am not the only one who understands why Ruth did not want to get too much involved with Harry before 5.5. She was a young desk officer and to go out with the boss would have been viewed as a "career move".

Ruth has changed a lot and is more or less his equal now. How do you know that Elena broke his heart? I thought it was Ruth's role to break Harry's heart! We were always told that Ruth was the love of Harry's life. If Harry had managed to sneak Elena out to the West, do you think that he would have divorced poor Jane (how many times did Harry cheat on her) and married Elena? If so, he would have had to leave the intelligence services and go into the private industry. Even in the early 80s the Soviet Union was considered a staunch enemy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 22-09-2011 05:14 PM