Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
27-09-2011, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2011 03:31 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
That is a great scene. No one is completely in the right or wrong.

While her little tantrum left a bitter taste in my mouth, Ruth is absolutely correct to point out to him that he is completely compromised when it comes to the Gavrik's. But I am not certain that she has a right to know everything. Does she know that the HS has ordered him to play nice-nice with the Gavrik's? (re: Their personal history does not give her the right to question every decision he makes.)

Conversely, she, as always and as with everyone else on the grid, is on a need-to-know basis. He is making the right operational choice (IMO, of course) to bring her into it only insofar as is necessary in order to protect her from as much of the fall out as possible. (re: Their personal history does not give him the right to freeze her out.)

They are both being a bit pig-headed, if you ask me. Peas in a pod, those two. Wink

Oh, and I loved it when he shut her out by telling her that he had a brief affair that ended in a child. "Happens all the time." (Side Note: Ruth was not around for the Adam/Anna debacle of S6 that might have ended up in Adams child that he then had to burn.) As opposed to their very long "affair" that has so far ended in bupkiss! It was an interesting contrast.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - A Cousin - 27-09-2011 03:29 PM