Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
27-09-2011, 05:19 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
I am not playing Which Character Deserves Our Sympathy More between these two. I understand both their positions, and feel equally sorry for both of them.

People tend to forget that Harry's whole purpose in life is not solely to pine after Ruth and count every word lest he says something wrong. It cuts both ways. His comment about the affair was not meant to be cruel to her in any way, but a way to protect himself from her prodding a deep wound further. And does she truly think that is how he sees her, as good old dependable Ruth and nothing more, after everything that's happened? That was also an unfair comment to throw at him. Neither of them comes out of this looking particularly good, but looking very human.

And all this talk about how much Harry has cost Ruth - honestly, she chose this job, she really wanted to have it, and she knew the risks that came with it. Just as Harry knows the risks. They are on an equal footing.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 27-09-2011 05:19 PM